pancreas cancer

information of pancreas cancer, pancreas disease, function of pancreas, pancreas symptom...

Monday, May 15, 2006

Full-Featured Wireless Router, Print Server, and Audio Gateway

I've had the AirPort Express for over a year. I've used both Macs and PCs connected to it wirelessly with no difficulties. My AirPort Express is set up as both a print server and "AirTunes" audio gateway so that both Macs and PCs on my home network can play through my home stereo system using iTunes. It performs both these functions flawlessly. I have an HP ink jet printer connected to it via USB and print to it from my PowerBook and from my Sony Vaio desktop PC.

Wireless range while in 802.11g only mode is sufficient to reach throughout the entire 2 bedroom apartment (1100 sq. ft). Range is average to above average for a 802.11g access point. The AirPort Express automatically picks the wireless channel with the least interference and seems to do this successfully. It supports (and I use) WPA2 128-bit encryption and has a number of configurable options both for wireless routing and for wired routing of computers connected to it's 1 Ethernet port. If you're wondering how the AirPort Express compares to the AirPort Extreme Base Station or a Linksys (or other) wireless router, it is full-featured and competitive.

Overall, I've been very happy with the AirPort Express. I'd recommend it to any Windows or Mac OS user.

Written by Nathan, Fresno, CA

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home